1. About this Policy
1.1 What this Policy is about
TFM EXPRESS SHIPPING LLC (TFM) is committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of the information provided by you when you engage with TFM EXPRESS SHIPPING LLC (TFM), including when you access and use the TFM Online app. TFM EXPRESS SHIPPING LLC (TFM) is bound by and complies with the privacy protection legislations and other relevant privacy laws
This Policy applies to TFM EXPRESS SHIPPING LLC (TFM) Pty Ltd, its holding company TFM EXPRESS SHIPPING LLC (TFM)). This Policy describes how we collect, use, store and disclose your personal information in connection with your interaction and engagement with TFM EXPRESS SHIPPING LLC (TFM) and your access to and use of the TFM Online app.
1.2 Your agreement to this Policy
By accessing the TFM Online app you confirm that you have read and agree to the terms of this Policy and consent to your personal information (including, your sensitive information) being collected, stored, used and disclosed in accordance with this Policy. Please read this Policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal information.
1.3 Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time in accordance with this provision. If we make changes to this Policy, we will upload the revised Policy to the TFM Online app. Changes to this Policy will come into effect immediately upon such changes being uploaded on the TFM Online app. Your continued use of the TFM Online app following such upload will constitute your acceptance of any changes.
If we make a material change to this Policy, we will notify you either by push notification notice of the changes when you launch the TFM Online app and/or via the email address nominated by you in your Account. If you disagree with the revised Policy, you may terminate your agreement with TFM (in accordance with the terms of the relevant agreement), cease using the TFM Online app and deactivate your Account.
2. Kinds of information we collect
2.1 Your engagement with TFM EXPRESS SHIPPING LLC (TFM)
There are many ways that you can engage with There are many ways that you can engage with There are many ways that you can engage with TFM EXPRESS SHIPPING LLC (TFM) its representatives or the TFM Online app including (but not limited to) via telephone, email, post or in person.
Depending on how you engage with TFM EXPRESS SHIPPING LLC (TFM) and its representatives and use the TFM Online app, we may ask you to share, or may collect your ‘personal information’ , its representatives or the TFM Online app including (but not limited to) via telephone, email, post or in person.
Depending on how you engage with TFM EXPRESS SHIPPING LLC (TFM) and its representatives and use the TFM Online app, we may ask you to share, or may collect your ‘personal information’ its representatives or the TFM Online app including (but not limited to) via telephone, email, post or in person.
Depending on how you engage with TFM EXPRESS SHIPPING LLC (TFM) and its representatives and use the TFM Online app, we may ask you to share, or may collect your ‘personal information’
2.2 Personal information
Under the privacy protection legislations, ‘personal information’ includes any information or opinion that identifies or can be used to identify, contact or locate you. Common examples include your name, address, telephone number. Whether you choose to share your personal information (including your sensitive information) is completely up to you, but you may not be able to access some areas of the TFM online app or effectively use the services offered through the TFM Online app without providing TFM EXPRESS SHIPPING LLC (TFM) Login details provided to once you open the account with TFM.
2.3 Types of personal information
The types of information that we collect from you depends on your dealings with TFM EXPRESS SHIPPING LLC (TFM) Below is a non-exhaustive list of the four general categories of information we collect.
2.3.1 Information you give us
We generally collect the following personal information from you through the TFM Online app (including if you upload information or material via the TFM Online app), or via telephone, email, post or in person.
2.3.1.a Account Information: We may ask for and collect your:
- first name;
- last name;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- location (either home address or office address)
2.3.1.b Financial Information:
We may require you to provide certain financial information, such as your bank account details.
2.3.1.c Communications with TFM EXPRESS SHIPPING LLC (TFM)and other Users:
When you communicate with TFM EXPRESS SHIPPING LLC (TFM)or use the TFM Online app to communicate with others, we monitor, record and store those communications and any information you choose to provide to TFM EXPRESS SHIPPING LLC (TFM).
2.3.2 a Usage of information:
• Client data is held for the purpose of conducting business and providing clients with high quality and efficient service.
• Client data may be shared with our suppliers who need to be involved in the processing/delivery of your shipment.
Client data is securely stored off site for back-up purposes, this is held within our system software suppliers secure server. Data will only be transferred to third countries in the event that a consignment is travelling outside of Europe. Data will only be shared with our authorized clearing agent at destination, this is for the purpose of clearing and delivering the consignment.
2.3.2 b processing Personal Data:
• We hold client data as this is in our Legitimate Interest to do so. Without holding the data, we cannot work effectively, for e.g. if we didn’t hold personal data such as an address/contact name, we wouldn’t be able to deliver your consignment.
• We hold suppliers data because it is needed to fulfil a Contract as well as conduct business/use their services.
2.3.2 c Your Rights
You have the right to:
• Be informed about the personal data we hold and why we hold it.
• Access a copy of your data that we hold by contacting us directly: we will acknowledge your request and supply a response no later than one month from the date of the request.
• Check the information we hold about you is correct; you have the right to correction if not.
• Request that your data is erased in certain circumstances.
• Transfer your data to someone else if you instruct us to do so, providing it is safe and legal.
• Tell us not to actively process or update your data in certain circumstances. 2.3.2 b How long is the Personal Data stored for?
• We will store Client data on our system for a period of 2 years. We will archive hard copy delivery notes after this period.
• POD’s will also be stored for a period of 2 years. This provides clients substantial time to obtain delivery information once the delivery has taken place, for e.g., if there is a query regarding the delivery itself. The 2-year window also allows time for client audit purposes etc.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications or targeted advertising from us at any time, by using the link in promotional and marketing emails or by contacting us directly. You can also opt out of push notifications in the TFM EXPRESS SHIPPING LLC (TFM). Please, note you cannot opt-out of receiving administrative and transaction-related emails from us unless you deactivate your Account. These are emails that relate to your Account and/or your activity on the TFM Online app.
4. Contact Us:
If you have a concern about how we have handled your personal information, please let us know so we can address the problem. Please contact our Privacy Officer.
To lodge a formal complaint, please send details to the Privacy Officer in writing. We will attempt to respond within a reasonable time, usually 30 business days. TFM EXPRESS SHIPPING LLC (TFM). treats all privacy complaints seriously and any complaint will be assessed by our Privacy Officer with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner. We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us with any relevant information that we may need to investigate the complaint appropriately.